• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Volunteer!

Sue

Friend of the Marque
As we start to discuss "Early-Entry" and things to do while you are at the rally, this seems like a great time to remind everyone that the engine for our annual event is run by the volunteers.

Without the volunteers, the rally would lose some its luster --- not to mention how much more it would CO$T.

All of this being said, I would ask that everyone on this list consider stepping up to the plate to volunteer a few hours at the national rally this summer. It will enhance your rally experience, you will make new friends, and ultimately you will truly feel like you are part of the club.

How do you volunteer? Go to the list of committee chairs posted athttp://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally07/volunteer.htm

If you want to be on the early set-up crew, contact me directly.
EMAIL SUE

Thanks everyone!

Membership Required?

Hi Sue,

Looking forward to volunteering again this year! Quick question- Do you have to be a MOA member to volunteer? Just checking for others. Thanks.

Bob

Do you have to be a MOA member to volunteer? Just checking for others.

Great question, Bob!

The short answer is no, you do not have to be a member of the BMW MOA to volunteer.

A snippet of my past:

In 1987, I was dragged to a BMW Rally in Escanaba by a girlfriend who thought that I should play more and work less. Since I didn't ride a motorcycle [at the time] & didn't know a soul, I volunteered my services at First Aid. (I was an EMT in those days...)

And the rest, as they say, is history.

:p

Looking forward to volunteering

Sue:

Howdy. I'm one of Bob's Chromehead friends. This is my first post on this site. I'm looking forward to volunteering along with Bob and other Chromeheads. Bob is coordinating this effort. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm looking forward to the rally. Take care.

My, how the time does fly! All this talk of volunteering means it's time for some of you to consider a shift in the Beer Garten. For the past several years the Forum has had the Friday afternoon, 4pm-8pm shift, and we'll be doing the same time frame this year. So for those who would be willing, PM me, email, however you can. We're looking for about 20 folks with a lot of energy.

What can you expect to do? There will be a couple people selling tickets. There will be several people exchanging those tickets for beverages. There will be several people drawing from taps. There will also be several people keeping the various products stocked. Depending on traffic volume, you may expect to run your butts off. It will be a fun time, however, and a chance to meet up with other names from this Forum, and get to know them for who they really are, just normal everyday people like the rest of you.

Drop me a line with your real name, so proper credit can be given to all you fine folks.

I'm in

My, how the time does fly! All this talk of volunteering means it's time for some of you to consider a shift in the Beer Garten. For the past several years the Forum has had the Friday afternoon, 4pm-8pm shift, and we'll be doing the same time frame this year. So for those who would be willing, PM me, email, however you can. We're looking for about 20 folks with a lot of energy.

What can you expect to do? There will be a couple people selling tickets. There will be several people exchanging those tickets for beverages. There will be several people drawing from taps. There will also be several people keeping the various products stocked. Depending on traffic volume, you may expect to run your butts off. It will be a fun time, however, and a chance to meet up with other names from this Forum, and get to know them for who they really are, just normal everyday people like the rest of you.

Drop me a line with your real name, so proper credit can be given to all you fine folks.

Dave Kaftan, at your service.

Sue:

Howdy. I'm one of Bob's Chromehead friends. This is my first post on this site. I'm looking forward to volunteering along with Bob and other Chromeheads. Bob is coordinating this effort. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm looking forward to the rally. Take care.

Excellent! Thanks for offering to help at the rally, and WELCOME to the forum. We're (uh...) an eclectic bunch.

:)

I'm still trying to decide what to volunteer for, but rest assured I I'll be lending a hand. I may just not decide ahead of time and make myself available to whatever effort needs help on short notice or finds itself in a last-minute crunch for hands.

PM sent.

I sent a PM to manicmechanic, but I'll do the beer garden on Friday, since I won't be arriving until Thursday. 4 to 8 is certainly doable.

He's got my personal info.

Brad D.

the electronics charging station is also looking for volunteers, its an easy gig in air conditioned comfort...
lots of relaxing in comfort as you interact with fellow members

Hi Sue,

I sent you an email awhile ago about volunteering for early setup and didn't hear anything back, so I'm concerned you didn't get it. Are you responding to the volunteers yet?

Thanks.

Note to Sue; I can be available for set up work earlier in the week. PM me if needed.

Note to ManicMechanic; I would enjoy doing the forum thing with you in the beer tent on friday afternoon/evening.

Note to Hodag: Perfectly willing to help on your charging station. It's a great gig for someone with a hangover.

Thursday Morning

the electronics charging station is also looking for volunteers, its an easy gig in air conditioned comfort...
lots of relaxing in comfort as you interact with fellow members

I could help out Thursday morning. I think Greg does not need me in the Cyper Cafe until afternoon.

Back