• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

1998 R1100RT Farkle lover baffled over ;

DaleStrunk

:bow Hi RGuys/Gals I confess to being a Farkle Fan / off ebay I bought (alledgly a 1998 R1100 rt set of handle bars with factory heated grips et al.)

the left bar is with the normal grouping of switches... and inside of that is an additional (must be from BMW - just looks like factory) ....inside of the left group is a black housing with two rocker switches left rocker / one position rocker with a "horn like a trumpet" on that switch. dunno why anyone would like a horn to be on a rocker -- but that is the tiny picture. the rocker to the right side of the left hand black farkle has a light image with the beams shining downward/ assum this is for fog lights) who can say yes or no to this left hand farkle control. now on the right hand side...... the black extra farkle switch box has on the left rocker a 2 position rocker switch........logic says this is the low/high temp control for the factory grips. and its partner to its right has a one position rocker with a solid orange square box as the picture. So I am elated with the new switches.... but not finding info confirming anything......... and this right had control/with the brake lever/master cyl has an additional yellow colored , button ----- not a rocker.......but the original controls has a blank there and nothing but solid .................. so whats the yellow button stand for ???? 5 new farkle buttons.................... my schematics are not a lotta help.............. removed my homemade toggle for heated grips on the old handlebars...and switch for driving lights..................... like to get with the factory program and not have hot rod switches on this bike. might take me a month to figure out how to load a photo of these two extra switchboxes........................... dale.strunk@gmail.com and when its done I will have two additional R 1100 handlebar sets fer sale...................................... help you experts !!!!

Sounds like you have a pair of handlebars off a police bike. Look up diagrams for the R1100RTP. They could be off an R1150RTP as well, I suppose...

You can remove those extra switch housings; I did on my R1150RTP, but I'm going to put the left housing back on to switch some accessory lighting I have planned.

Back