• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wisconsin Tofu and bean sprouts......

H

HODAG

If you need them, bring your own, I don't think its legal here, and be careful with dem sprouts a cop may think its dope

yes...we have salad bars, and more

It is the number 1 brandy drinking state.

You will find the salad bars after you hack your way thru the custard. Bring a machete'. You have to earn your lettuce here.

Avocados is WI are a controlled substance, and you may be subject to body cavity searches in full view of the locals if you are stopped.

I know a former southerner who now lives in Madison and she says you can't get good citrus up there.
Not that citrus has anything to do with brats...

The_Veg said:
I know a former southerner who now lives in Madison and she says you can't get good citrus up there.
Not that citrus has anything to do with brats...
Citrus? I'm not worried about citrus.

I'm worried about where I'm gonna get my tofu and tempeh fix from...

At least there'll be cheese...

Citrus in Wisconsin?

That's like looking for Maple Syrup in Florida?

And labout the tofu?

Wisconsin Tofu and bean sprouts......

To misquote the movie Federale, "We don't need no stinkin Tofu and bean sprouts"

The real quote,
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Bring on the beer :drink and brats :eat

That Vegan beer page reminds me of that old (untrue) rumour that Guiness is filtered through animal fat. Most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

tessler said:
I'm worried about where I'm gonna get my tofu and tempeh fix from...
There are ways, my friend. There are folks here who enjoy soy but we have had to go underground. We have learned to blend in and not draw attention to ourselves, but we're here. :wave

boxergrrlie said:
There are ways, my friend. There are folks here who enjoy soy but we have had to go underground. We have learned to blend in and not draw attention to ourselves, but we're here. :wave
Yay!
(thanks for the info)...

I mean, don't get me wrong, I've eaten and enjoyed my fair share of Brats and European sausages (my wife's family is Hungarian and the Magyar Kolbasz is like a Paprika flavored Bratwurst), and I'll probably sample a few when in Rome (er, Wisconsin), but I've been doing a more veggie-based diet over the last year and have discovered that some of it can be pretty goodÔÇöand good for ya!

Statdawg said:
Tofu Philly cheese steaks ? :wave :lurk
Heck no, Stat! Can't do that to a time-honored recipe!

When in Philly (as I was yesterday), gotta have a real Cheesesteak. :)thumb I'm a Pat's fan...)

But three, sometimes four days a week, I'll do soy and greens (er, bean sprouts!) ;)

Last edited:
boxergrrlie said:

It's time for a coup!! I say we take over as vending chair and serve Boca Burgers, sauteed Tofu, and salads made of real lettuce instead of that iceburg junk.

Then we chair beverages and only serve baked, salt free chips as snacks to go with micro only beer.

Or not :hide

Hotspice said:
It's time for a coup!! I say we take over as vending chair and serve Boca Burgers, sauteed Tofu, and salads made of real lettuce instead of that iceburg junk.

Then we chair beverages and only serve baked, salt free chips as snacks to go with micro only beer.
Sssshhh... we might not want to keep discussing this... we'll follow the midnight torches and follow RV's lead to the secret meeting (er, eating) places!

tessler said:
Sssshhh... we might not want to keep discussing this... we'll follow the midnight torches and follow RV's lead to the secret meeting (er, eating) places!
I have a safe house just south of the border.....

Beer Brats and cheese may be the flag mom and apple pie of WI, but as a kid in Madison we had food from around the world cross our plates. Stop the clandestine meetings and take it to the streets!

Up the revolution and pass the mustard (itÔÇÖs not just for brats anymore :D )

Hotspice said:

How about cardboard with peanut butter and flat, warm miller lite?

Tofu....good, even plain......!!!!

I use tofu when I run out of spline lube.
I ate scrambled eggs with tofu at Nepenthe near Big Sur. I threw up.... :sick

Give me the real deal, Brats, beer and a wheel of cheese. Give the sprouts to the rabbits.

Breeze

Callmethebreeze said:
I use tofu when I run out of spline lube.
I ate scrambled eggs with tofu at Nepenthe near Big Sur. I threw up.... :sick

Give me the real deal, Brats, beer and a wheel of cheese. Give the sprouts to the rabbits.

Breeze
:ha

Back