• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Womans restrooms

U

Unregistered

My wife would like to know how many womans restrooms and showers are at the rally site? Also what type of shower faucilities are they.. gym type or private? Thanks so much

Women's restrooms

There are numerous restrooms, both men's and women's, all around the grounds in many of the buildings. MOA Director H2W can personally vouch for the largest women's public restroom in the entire State of Vermont being located on the grounds of the CVE Rally site. The CVE is the site of the VT State Fair with thousands of visitors at any one time. There will also be the usual array of porta potties spread out through the acres of camping space.

There are also a couple of shower facilities on site that should be open 24 hours. About 2 miles away is St Michael's College where there will be shower facilities open every morning and evening. Not really sure if the women's showers are gym style or private. The only real way to make sure you have a private shower is to either rent a motel room, a dorm room suite or dorm townhouse.

Hope that helps.

Friedle

I went to the National last year in Lima - there weren't that many showers for us women BUT I never had a problem with the showers - even if there was a wait - it wasn't that long of a one. Honestly - I feel for the MEN - there are definitely more men that go and I know last year - there were lines for the guys - but I think all in all - everyone managed somehow.

It's always a good time!!! :bikes

Showers

At Lime, I don't think a lot of folks were aware the Shower-Semi was on site...over near where the RV's were parked ---like they needed another shower! I used the semi a couple of times, no lines and hot water. Can't beat it.
Speaking of water -- I'm amazed that no one ended up in the Pond at Lima....especially since the Dinks were camped nearby......

mac

In Lima I waited till after dark and used the bike wash area. It was very refreshing (no hot water), I left my boxer briefs on and scrubbed underneath. The best part was that while you were getting dressed you weren't hanging out in a sauna/turd factory. Obviously this is little help to your original question in regards to you wife.

Doug Mc Gee

Hoping not to have to fight for a spot in the bike wash in VT

magoo said:
In Lima I waited till after dark and used the bike wash area. It was very refreshing (no hot water), I left my boxer briefs on and scrubbed underneath. The best part was that while you were getting dressed you weren't hanging out in a sauna/turd factory. Obviously this is little help to your original question in regards to you wife.

Doug Mc Gee

Hoping not to have to fight for a spot in the bike wash in VT

now that sounds like an idea, the shower houses were plentiful enough for me in Lima (i just waited till 2am each night) but you felt as bad as you did going in when you came out cause they were too stifling cause of the weather. i'd be EXTREMELY SUPRISED if the conditions in VT were anywehre near as opressive as those in Lima. its rare that we get that kinda heat and humidity for days on end here

and we've got cooler mountain streams
:laugh

Yeah, the answer is simply to shower at off hours. Early or late and there is no problem. I like to get up and have a couple of cups of coffee before I do anything like shower, shave, etc., and I never had to wait at Lima.

To sort of answer the original question, if VT is like OH, there will be an equal number of shwoers for each sex. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

Bob

Emoto said:
To sort of answer the original question, if VT is like OH, there will be an equal number of shwoers for each sex. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

Bob

And this statistically works in favor of female attendees, unlike the toilet issue (not to be confused with toilet tissue.)

I was VERY favorably impressed by the stainless shower trailers I've used at recent MOA rallies.

Emoto said:
Yeah, the answer is simply to shower at off hours. Early or late and there is no problem. I like to get up and have a couple of cups of coffee before I do anything like shower, shave, etc., and I never had to wait at Lima.

Bob

In Vermont the facilities will be gender specific based on demand. I.E. at the university there are four shower facilities, three will be for men and one for women.

Back