• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rocky Mountain Summer Ride Partner?

kantuckid

I'm thinking a ride this summer to the rockies-Colorado? I'm in eastern KY & would be a camp/motel combo trip. I've been there a bunch over the years but still roads I've not traveled,etc.. I do like to stop & hike, not just ride by everything.Some dirt's ok too if this old guy can handle it:laugh
If you have interest in ride partnering, lets talk. Couple weeks or so...:dunno

Save on the book and have a look here!

From the Goldwing site I used to belong to. Dave's routes pretty much cover all of the good paved motor bike roads. Also there was a brochure available at the travel office giving maps for all the good routes. We did most of them!

http://coloradodave.net/

Thanks, I'll take a look @ the link.:)

I'd still like to find a sidekick for the trip, (my wife's not into LD MC travel) perhaps share some motel expenses & just makes for more fun trip overall.
My general route will be westward through Louisville,KY(135k from me) then on toward St Louis then across KS(my native state) and into CO.
PM me if you have some time & inclination to ride out there this year after the mtn weather breaks in late May.:thumb

I'm thinking about it...

I was thinking about visiting my friend on Vancouver Island again. Did that two years ago. I had been mapping a route trying to fit in CO and Corvalis, OR, maybe. Long trip.

Last time I left June 01, which seems to fit your timeframe. It was a bit cool and wet, except for SD and MT, but the 'Stitch and heated gear worked.

I too am an older fellow. Have only done weekend camping locally, so your experience there would be a plus for me. Same with sharing motels - worked well with my buddy Rodney.

We might meet in St Louis or a bit west. I would be leaving from the Toronto area.

If you would like to discuss this more, PM me and we can go from there.

From the Goldwing site I used to belong to. Dave's routes pretty much cover all of the good paved motor bike roads. Also there was a brochure available at the travel office giving maps for all the good routes. We did most of them!

http://coloradodave.net/

I would say that Steve's book is more than a set of maps. There is info on every ride including road surfaces, things to see, history, places to eat, places to get gas, impressions of the ride.

Well worth the money. :thumb

Back