• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Real World Gas Mileage?

45 to 55 depending on weather (wind), and fuel (I can get 91 RON here, but Fuel Economy is better with the 93 RON I got in Texas).

That's on my light weight R1200S.

45 to 55 depending on weather (wind), and fuel (I can get 91 RON here, but Fuel Economy is better with the 93 RON I got in Texas).

That's on my light weight R1200S.

I think we're looking for MPG on the new scooters, this is the mpg on your R1200????

Gilly

Yes, remember it is 100+ lbs less weight than an RT or GS. The dry weight on mine is under the dry weight of the released model.

I am halfway through my second tank with 265 miles so far, at an average speed of 28 mph (riding to work in the City) and the computer shows 46.1 mpg.

It should get better as the engine breaks in and the weather gets warmer....

Guy

When it's working the on board read out is somewhere around 55 mpg (UK) on my 20 mile ride into central London, but has gone as high as 62mpg if the traffic's a bit quieter. Generally I'm refuelling at around 160 miles and there seems to be somewhere between 2 and 3 litres left in the tank at the stage.

wow, i'd think they would get a bit better than that. i can sometimes push my F800GS down under 50 mpg if i really push it at high speeds, but more typical is 54.

45-49 mpg

I'm tracking my mpg with Fuelly. The last fill up was 49.1 mpg with an average of 45.4 mpg. A lot less than my Vespa (avg. 67 mpg) but so much more machine.

real gas mileage on a trip

Hello all,
I work with the West Coast office of BMW Motorrad Press fleet;
I recently took 2 trips aboard C650GTs: the fuel mileage is comparable to the 650cc F bikes: but I discovered the onboard computer calculates the MPG out for in town and highway use, and shows increases when "coasting" or off throttle or steady throttle use. In other words: if riders keep the throttle steady they can achieve the numbers I got.
from Roseville to Torrance: average MPG was 55 in city and 63 on highway.
from Tucson to Torrance: average MPG was 48 city and 59 highway. this trip was different because of rainy weather and the riders anxiety to get to destination.
the computer often calculates MPG on coasting at numbers like: 93, 105, and even 112. astonishingly high and probably "computer error" I think.
Still: on last trip (Roseville to Torrance) I fueled only twice for a total trip of 530 miles.

If I didn't already own 4 Beemers, the new Big Scoot would be in my garage.

ride safe,
Saddlebumgal:german

Back