• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Another Hill Country day ride Part 1

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member

Had to return some parts a few weeks back to Alamo BMW in Boerne,outside of San Antonio, took a little scenic detour on way back home ...NO INTERSTATES after I left the dealerships location.

Just west of Boerne off of I-10 and before Comfort is the Welfare-Waring exit. Nice two laned county road that cuts to the NW.

445695759_d55Qn-M.jpg

city limits of old town

445695732_AC3QV-M.jpg

There is an old store turned chic restraunt here,haven't tried it yet due to it's irregular hours

445696292_p4Bqp-M.jpg

445696767_pzXrf-M.jpg

The historical marker in front

445696193_VVjt9-M.jpg

Moving further down the road to Waring. Another town of yesteryear that still hangs on. most businesses have moved out to the Interstate

445696952_gsUf6-M.jpg

This store has a steak night & band on Wednesdays that is very popular for folks getting away from San Antonio .Still looks like time froze a little here. I had a handpressed cheeseburger, chips, and a root beer...ate it before I took a pic! Visited with the owner who moved away from San Antonio years back as she was closing up for New Years. I got the last cheeseburger and bun left!

445697298_XwEHU-M.jpg

445697903_2Z977-M.jpg

The back room, dancehall & dining room for steak night,bet it was hopping in the 40's & 50's

445697456_HXCoz-M.jpg

445697837_Bxvwk-M.jpg

Continued up the road after lunch towards RM 473, very scenic crossings of the Guadalupe River along here.

445696819_zeJZL-M.jpg

445698329_Q8C9x-M.jpg

445698989_dGm93-M.jpg

445698867_hNqjA-M.jpg

the road T's here and I picked Zoeller Lane

445698381_B2wpx-M.jpg

Zoeller parallels the river in spots, last spring this was underwater for a few days and remnants of past flooding can be seen in fences and way up in the cypress trees.

445700549_kNi38-M.jpg

Saw this young rider and got a Texas wave...then stopped at a nice flat spot near the water for a few shots...My Conti Attacs that came on bike do not like the soft mud I found myself settling in...needed new Metzlers or something a tad more agressive! I did manage to not fall in the pretty but cold river.

445699482_GxFjD-M.jpg

445699572_cBHmc-M.jpg

445700149_edhTb-M.jpg

Out of the mud and back on the pavement, and BTW, the girl on the horse just laughed as I was sliding up the bank she had just trotted with ease along...she waved again as I passed her the second time.

445699416_9XVZW-M.jpg

Part two on the way

Those are great shots. Thanks for all the ideas -- I'm making notes for my Hill Country runs planned for Spring.

Back