• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Manual

Has anyone found a good up to date, full of usable info, manual (not the $113 one) for a 2001 1150 GS?

I have a Haynes one for our RS that's OK.

The BMW one is actually pretty good. The drawings are useful and are better than most of the black and white photos I find in other manuals.

I'll pay for a decent manual. Even at $100, it's only a couple hours of shop labor by the dealer. Using the manual over the lifetime of a bike, it gets steadily cheaper. I consider manuals another tool to have.

:dunno

KBasa said:
[The BMW one is actually pretty good. The drawings are useful and are better than most of the black and white photos I find in other manuals.]

Where can one get the BMW manuals (i.e., the non-Haynes/Clymer)?

re

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure the BMW brand manual was worth it (or that there wasn't a cheaper (up to date/useful) version availible). I'm suprised by the lack of info (oil change ect) in the operators manual that comes with the bike.

Back