• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Convert in the NC Foothills

cliffblack1953

Hi gang, I just last week traded in my faithful Harley Ultra Classic for a new '14 R1200 RT. I must say it was a very good move. Residing within an easy day trip of some of the best motorcycle roads in the country, I just didn't know how much fun it could be on a sportier bike.

I am a member of Asheville BMW Riders (at least I've turned in the paperwork, and they don't know me well enough to kick me out yet) BMWMOA #353. I haven't had a chance to scope out any of the other clubs in the area but I'm closer to Charlotte than Asheville.

I've been riding on and off for almost 40 years, and real regularly for the past 12. I look forward to meeting many of you on the road, as I've been known to take off for a couple weeks at a time and just ride somewhere I've never been, sometimes covering over 10K miles in two weeks.

Here's a picture from my first day trip on the new Beemer.

Attachments

• First ride.jpg
    First ride.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 111
Welcome! That does sound like a very good move indeed! I'm pretty sure you now have a bike under you that can more than keep up with 2 weeks and 10K miles. Nice picture...and nice background, too!

Glad to have you here. It's always good to welcome a new member from one of the Carolinas. Be sure to check out the Carolina BMW MOA (Charlotte Club). Enjoy your new bike!

Boone Rally

Would love to check it out, will just have to see how the schedule works out. Also, plan to check out the Charlotte Chapter, less than an hour from the house...

Back