• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nikwax for leather

LORAZEPAM

leave my monkey alone
has anyone used nikwax on their leathers? Does it really waterproof it to the point I dont need a rain jacket? My only good armor is in my leathers, and it looks like a soggy ride from ohio to the rally thursday, andif I can get away without a rain jacket by using the nikwax I would be a happy rider.:dunno

Seems it's been a soggy ride in Ohio all year. I've thought about using nikwax too but, I'm not going to leave the rain gear at home. What would I do with the extra space in my bags?

I would like to hear other's experiences using Nixwak though.

nikiwax

I purchased some along with gloves for my better half. I used it on her gloeves and then my Motoport Miami (not waterproof) boots. On the way home from the rally we drove throyugh rain for about an hour and wet roads etc for a while after that. My non-waterproof boots that I had put the wax on kept my feet dry. Appears to have worked.

Nikwax does work

I had treated my jacket with 2 coats as recommended, and wore it to the rally, and as everyone who went knows, it did rain in the evenings. I had a 20 mile ride to the hotel, and it kept me dry with no raincoat. I dont think I will go without raingear for extended trips, but it did work fine. The only thing I didnt like is that the black nikwax rubs off even after following the directions and wiping the excess off. I would recommend it to anyone that is considering it.

I used Nikwax on my gloves, boots and Russell Daylong (leather) and am very happy with the results.. Water beads up on the seat and feet and hands have kept dry in rain.

Back