• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

luxor marinr enduro bags

chwood4

any one have any history of dealing with this firm for the /2 teardrop bags? I've paid via PenPal for a set of bags that the owner of luxore indicated would be sent out the week of Feb 17th Despite calls to the shop ( no answer), emails to his website ( no response ) and a fax to his office, I have not heard anything. I'd like to think he is a better fabricator than he is at communications, however it might be time for the BBB? Any thoughts / comments

This is not the first time I've read about unreasonable delays on these saddlebags. A couple of years back there was a looong saga involving somebody's attempt to get their order after it had been paid for. As I recall, they finally got them.

Luxor Marine

I had the same experiences with them.
I ordered a pair of Enduro bags from them in December and it took, more than, eight weeks to get them.
Their communication isn't the best, but the bags did eventually arrive. albiet missing a part.
I regretted trying to get a replacement part, but I did get it.
SO, the final conclusion is that their communication isn't the best but I'm VERY happy with the product.

/2 Enduro bags

Just received the bags and they look good. However I do not want to cut off the rounded ends of the shock adjustment levers to accomodate the bags. How did you fit your bags? Did you have to cut the lever? The "instructions" suggest that one can switch the shocks around to move the lever to the front...how difficult is this to do? I actually was thinking about cutting a rectangula slot in the backside of the bags to allow the shock lever to remain in its normal position and fabricate a small "fiberglass box" to close off this opening to the elements. I'd pop rivet and glass it in. I like the bags, but this additional customization is a pita. Any other ideas?

Don't cut off the levers!

If you remove the bottom mounting bolt for the shock on one side at a time, you can rotate the body ad then remount it. You might need an extra set of hands to lift up the rear of the bike to allow alignment of the shock eye and the mounting hole on the swingarm (left side) or final drive (right side).

Back