• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Version of Basecamp (Mac)

I tried this about a month ago and it froze my MacBook Pro. Thank goodness for Time Machine.

I just downloaded it again earlier this week and now it works.

Of course, it did nothing so smooth over the hell that is the Garmin map unlock process.

I'll spare you my saga with my new Garmin Montana GPS and City Navigator 2012, let's just say if I created software products for my clients that work like Garmin's, I wouldn't get paid.

Their hardware is great, their software sucks.

Ian

I'm not impressed with the routing algorithms it uses compared to the version I was using. I had a heck of a time convincing it to use certain roads. About twice as many shaping points needed. Other than that it looks pretty good. I like that you can customize the routing preferences based on travel method (car, motorcycle, foot....). Also it looks like you can change which map features it shows you based on travel method too.

I only spent an hour or so working with it though, so I'll learn more as I go. I still think I'll resort to Mapsource on my Windows VM on the Mac for longer route creation though.

Back