• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Americade?

radrider

RadRider
I am considering a ride from South Florida to Americade at Lake George, NY. I haven't attended this rally before. Is it worth the ride or am I going to find it more like Daytona Bikeweek?

I went two (2) years ago. Really beautiful riding area. Various vendor areas, one really big one by Lake George. Any and every type of bike. And if you are riding from a long distance Laconia Bike Week is the following week. For whatever reason there is always rain of some sort during the week. This year it is June 1 thru 8th. I think I'm going up on the 5th or 6th for a few days.

As a comparison to Daytona which I've been to 3 times, riding from NY to FL, it's getting rather monotonous especially with the commercialization of pretend bad-boy Harley imagery. I'm just exhausted from that scene and I ride both a Harley and RT. Last time I attended (2012) couldn't wait to leave and get back on the road. There's a lot more beauty in Florida to see without the crowds.

radrider .... If you love all types of motorcycles, lots of friendly people and great motorcycle related events you will love Americade. The flavor or Americade is a lot like what the Honda Hoot was and similar to the MOA National events but much bigger with a very diverse mix of motorcycles and people. I have been attending for over 20 years and it is one event I try my best NOT to miss. There is something for everyone and everyone experiences Americade differently. Some love the daily group tours, some do the self guided tours both through some beautiful riding country. Some enjoy doing the Demo rides from A LOT of manufacturers ... usually over half dozen Demo Teams are there! In addition there are seminars all day long, bike judging, Oh .. and not to forget the Tour Expo. Kind of like Mall of America for Motorcycles :laugh No matter where you stay you are sure to make friends. In addition each evening there is a free motorcycle show on Canada Street when all the bikes are parked and you can stroll for blocks and check out some new, old, rusty, shiny and unique rides. I go up each year with one or 2 friends and we arrive on Sunday and leave the following Saturday. In addition if you are riding up from Florida you have some great country to ride through and a lot of secondary road options.

If I sound like I have drunk the cool-aid I have. This is NOT a Daytona or Strugis type event with partying and "show us your bits" going on. It all about motorcycles and riding and drinking coffee, eating ice cream and meeting nice people. Most who attend come back. And the one warning I always give new comers is do not overbook your time there. Give yourself time to walk around Canada Street, the Tour Expo and for a day ride. Good luck and feel free to PM me for more discussion.

Back