• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rally Gadgets

After back to back 500+ mile days with a butt buffer sheepskin, my butt was tired! I've always heard great things about the beaded seat covers and questioned everyone I saw. I purchased the ceramic beads and rode 1200 miles home with them.

Wow! It really did make a difference! $55 well spent!

It seemed counterintuitive in the heat, but I bought a long-sleeved mock turtleneck LD Comfort shirt. In 108 degrees I poured water over it and the moment I started moving it felt like the temp had dropped 30 degrees!

Also had some Skene P3 lights installed on the rear of the hack to make Barley more visible. While getting them installed, Glenn from Clearwater walked past and noticed the anodized black had come off the rings of my Glenda lights. He took down my address and promised to mail free replacements. I mentioned that I wasn't unhappy with the copper look, that IMO it wasn't possible to make a GSA any uglier, but he just smiled and reminded me I paid for black rings. Love that unsolicited customer service! :thumb

Got a set of Clearwater lights, It was great being able to compare all the top brands and talk to the people. After talking to all the makers, I settled on the clearwater because of the extra features and the fact they were giving us a deal because "You guys came out dealing with the heat and we are BMW people". They shipped them free, threw in mounting brackets and cut the price.
Also picked up some Alaska Leathers buttpads, Those guys were great to talk to and it was nice setting on them after bike sat in sun all day.
I also tried on every brand of jacket and pant there, found what I liked but colors in my size sold out. At least I know what sizes to get.
Wife got a JMM CD after concert. Had to listen to it all way home.

I only bought things I needed!!........( Just dodged a lightning bolt).I just picked up a 96 R1100RT so I bought a foot for the sidestand and an oil filter wrench from alumi something or other,and I also suffer from notenoughbutt so I bought a beaded seat cover......SO worth the money...And I bought some powerport products. I ran into a GS rider that had the bulkhead port and he showed how he had mounted it to his tankbag and he can charge stuff and keep everything in the tankbag. I did talk myself out of an orange mesh jacket as well as a orange lined jacket...(I'm a skydiver and have a orange parachute soooo).

It seemed counterintuitive in the heat, but I bought a long-sleeved mock turtleneck LD Comfort shirt.

Their skivvies do a great job, will have to look into the long-sleeve shirts, but I'm not crazy about turtle necks. I've been using long sleeve underwear from Cabelas for years. (year round, though not every day)

A 2nd bead rider seat thingie for another one of my bikes after riding out on one for the first time and loving it, molded ear plugs which work really great and don't hurt my ears, mesh gloves, and most importantly, a cup, I mean bottle, holder for my Kermit chair. No more spilled drinks. :) Oh, and a tee shirt, stickers, and lots of BBQ. :eat

Their skivvies do a great job, will have to look into the long-sleeve shirts, but I'm not crazy about turtle necks. I've been using long sleeve underwear from Cabelas for years. (year round, though not every day)

Mock t-neck. I didn't think I'd like it but the thicker material holds a bit more water which slowly wicks down. I've used LDC shorts and a helmet liner for years, but the shirt really made the difference in the heat.

Mock t-neck. I didn't think I'd like it but the thicker material holds a bit more water which slowly wicks down. I've used LDC shorts and a helmet liner for years, but the shirt really made the difference in the heat.

Thanks, Pete, will give it a shot, along with some socks.

Gerbings heated coat, gloves and controller. When it got down into the 90's I felt chilled. :). Plus he had good prices.

Larger Micatech bags to replace stock GSA bags. New Big Ear ear plugs as my 5 year old plugs needed replacing.

LD Comfort...best ever! Wife bought the new ladies top. Never wear anything but LD Comfort, hot or cold weather. Again, the best ever!

BMW MOA license plate frame for the 2012 R1200GSA, Wunderlich headlight protector, radar detector box, Sena SMH10 Bluetooth head set, digital tire pressure guage, drymax socks and the best thing; BikeMaster compact cloth towelettes, just add water and the pill expands into a towelette.

Larger Micatech bags to replace stock GSA bags. New Big Ear ear plugs as my 5 year old plugs needed replacing.

LD Comfort...best ever! Wife bought the new ladies top. Never wear anything but LD Comfort, hot or cold weather. Again, the best ever!

Soooo, when did you have time to shop??:wave

Bought Speigler brake line kit, Fuzeblocks fuse panel, Beemer Buddies to increase my grip diameter, and beer. Lots of beer...

Also had Ohlins do a free suspension setup. They adjust sag and ride height
I learned more in that hour or so about my suspension than I think I ever knew. They lowered the front shock one turn and added six turns on the rear. Made the bike much better handling in turns

I bought the new LD Comfort ladies' combo top, and it's so comfy I didn't want to take it off. I also got a set of the sleeves. They look a bit weird, but seem to do the job. I already have a set of the tights, and wear them under my riding pants - they stop the pants from sticking to my legs.

Back