• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Review...Scorpion Hi-Vis

JDOCKERY132445

OldBMWMaster
Below is a link to the jacket I bought at the MOA. It is now on sale.

http://www.hivizstore.com/index.php...ategory_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

For years, I have done my summer riding in an old Belstaff with lots of zippered vents. It has been more than adequate, until I hit the heat in Bloomsburg.

I waited until the vendors were starting to pack up and made a deal on a 3/4 link scorpion hi-vis vented jacket. [$150.00] It worked wonderfully well in the 100 + temps we had and on the way back to NC.

This week, the weather turned chilly here [40s at night/70s daytime] The Belstaff and my Firstgear Kilmanjaro were in the attic; so I zipped in the rain liner and rode with the Scorpion.

Incredible. It was warm enough for the mornings and zipping out the liner in the afternoons made it the jacket to own.

As an added bonus, people actually notice me.

Great review! I've been impressed with Scorpion helmets.

Price and quality.

Voni
sMiling

I purchased the version of the jacket that is not mesh after a ride when three people making left turns pulled out in front of me and I decided I wanted Hi viz.
Very nice jacket with zip out insulated AND zip out wind and water jacket not to mention the zip off storm collar. The venting on mine is good enough for riding in the high heat but not as good as a mesh would be. But here in Indiana, if you want to ride a lot you have to be prepared for the colder air. Riding this past week temps were between 37 and 80 depending on the day. I have not needed to have the heated seat on because if the temps were above 60 I was getting hot and below 50 i was perfectly comfortable. Lots of pockets and features. Great jacket for what i paid $129.00
My wife loves her Scorpion jacket also.

I have the same exact jacket that David is describing. I think it is called the Scorpion XDR. Gre-e-e-e-e-a t jacket. I used it for a 3,000 mile trip back in May from Orlando (in the 80's) up the east coast to northern Virginia (in the low 60's) back thru the mountains to the North Georgia Mountion Rally (60's and 70's) and back through some nasty rain storms.

In fact, I am putting it on in 30 minutes to hear for the Barber Vintage Festival in Leeds, Alabama. Off the rack, the jacket feels a little heavy. Once you have it on, you feel safe and protected.

I have not purchased the BMW gear because of the outrageous prices, but I would be surprised if the were "twice" as good (considering twice as expensive).

Not made in China

The thing that finally prompted me to buy this one at the rally was that it is NOT "Made in China".

There were many more offerings at the rally that were much more expensive that were made in China. Who wants to pay a made in USA price for something made with cheap labor?

In the rain

My first rain ride with this coat yesterday. The liner keeps you dry. So far, I have not found anything that does not work with this unit.

Back