• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"Search" is overlaid with a bunch of other stuff

dennisdarrow

#4869 Earned Lifetime mem
Hey, and surely NOT to be picky as I really appreciate the work it has taken to get the "bugs" eliminated from the recent go round with virus/hacking..........Anyway...........

I needed to do a search in past airhead threads for an answer to post for a "new guy" a couple of days ago and when I went looking for the term "SEARCH" it took forever to find it hidden under something else that I cannot make out. Contact? Then when I went there it really is NOT a straight forward type search to enter a word and then identify where to search; but had to figure out which tab to hit to tell it what kind of search I wanted.........Anyway.... I know now

Again, thanks for WHAT YOU GUYS DO for the rest of us to keep this place going...........God bless.......Dennis

NEW FLASH....A few minutes later than the above.....I do most of my navigation and stuff with my "favorites" column exposed in the window as I am on the site for when I finish up with "BMW STUFF" I then begin looking at my tractor or Airstream "favorites"......I just now shut "favorites" down and THERE IT IS....SEARCH....as big as Dallas.......so.........a non-problem?.........Well, if i shut down "favorites" it isn't but otherwise it is...........ahhhhhhh the small and petty?.........THANKS

Hi Dennis, this has come up before and it seems to be a "resolution" kinda deal. The MOA "tool bar" is rather long-

Home
The Club
News & Features
Ride & Tour
International Rally
BMW Owners News
Calendar
Flea Market
Forum
Contact
If your screen/ monitor is running at say 150% the tools don't fit and there is an overlap. It seems on a regular size monitor adjusted to 100% all is fine. I find I have an overlap on the small screen on the IPhone. If you continue to see the "problem", try adjusting your screen. I'm just working around it on the IP.
HTH, Gary

On a Windows based machine, hold down the control key and then depress the minus sign key. The image on the screen will shrink. Repeat until the menu bar all fits across the top. You might not be able to read much in the forum contents below (the menu is way too wide) but you will be able to access the search box.

Then control plus sign will put it back where you can read stuff.

Thanks guys. This takes me back to the days of "work arounds". That was when one figured out a couple of little tricks to get the job done on a computer, despite the small problems encountered. So, as I stated above, for me, the trick is to just shut "favorites" down to see the whole line or just KNOW that under that blur is "Search".........Thanks again.......God bless.........Dennis

Back