• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride into History

Rpbump

Rpbump USN RET CPO
Traveled down to The World Golf Village in St Augustine, FL Sat. The Ride into History featured competition motorcycles this year. Mert Lawmill was on hand to sign T shirts and posters. Many marques were on exhibit and all could be closely examined & photographed. The proud owners of these fine antiques answered endless questions about the motorcycles being displayed providing technical and historical information to all. There was a new BMW HP2 behind some of the other BMW motorcycles that really caught my eye. On close examination the frayed plastic head guards on both sides of the HP2 showed just how far the bike was leaned over in competition. The skill and courage of professional riders never ceases to amaze me. Along with the BSA's, Aprilla's, Triumph's, Ducati's, Bultaco's, Honda's, BMW's, Sach's, WWII Zundapp, Ariel Square 4, and HRD Vincent, I even came across a 1966 305cc Honda Dream in excellant condition. The significance of this bike being it was my first motorcycle bought back in 1968 when stationed at Moffett Field, CA. Next years date for The Ride into History is 16 May and American motorcycles will be featured. Proceeds from this annual event benefit Breast Cancer Research so you not only get to view rare and historic motorcycles but contribute to a worthy cause. The road running East from the Golf Village over to Rt 1 is tree lined and well maintained providing a break from the rush of I-95 and easy access to other less traveled roads that branch off of Rt 1.

I would have to have a golf cart full of spare golf balls to successfully hit the infamous 17th green on a windy day at the TPC. There are 2 fine 18 hole courses at the World Golf Village.:laugh

Played them all three last October, but the mosquitos at the Squire and Slammer course were terrible. BTW, hit my second ball on the green on the 17th at Sawgrass..........then 3 putted. :scratch :dunno :violin

I would have to have a golf cart full of spare golf balls to successfully hit the infamous 17th green on a windy day at the TPC. There are 2 fine 18 hole courses at the World Golf Village.:laugh

punch a choked-up 5 iron up there. :)

Back