• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Air Pump For Big Agnes?

Roc-Roc

Hey Fellow Riders

I'm looking for a air pump for my Big Agnes Air mattress. I have the coleman air pump power by 4 D cell batteries(It's heavy). One time my batteries died on me and a fellow rally rat had an air pump that plug into his R1100RT. This pump fit into palm of his hand and he kept it on his bike.

I tried to look for one at Harbor Frieght. Any help in finding an air pump that would fit in my hand and I can add a BMW plug to it?

I bought the manual pillow pump from the guys at the rally. Let's see, who sells camping gear there... um...

Anyway, it makes a nice pillow as well & is easy to use!

Don't know who makes it but I would never carry a pump after seeing the fill bag a couple of my friends carry. It is basically a small duffel with a fitting on the closed end, you just snap the bag, like you would a garbage bag to fill it then squeeze the air into the mattress like an oversize frosting decorator. Found the link: https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Accessory/Pumphouse

Wal mart sells a pump that is either internal battery, 110V, or 12V powered. A bit large, but it fits somewhere in the bag. Beats huffing and puffing

Yep, either the Exped or the Big Agnes pump will work. I liked the Exped because it doubled as a pillow. It needed an adapter to work on my BA mattress, but it self inflated & makes a nice pillow...

An electric pump is much slower & takes up room & serves no other purpose...

Don't know who makes it but I would never carry a pump after seeing the fill bag a couple of my friends carry. It is basically a small duffel with a fitting on the closed end, you just snap the bag, like you would a garbage bag to fill it then squeeze the air into the mattress like an oversize frosting decorator. Found the link: https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Accessory/Pumphouse

I use one of these as well. Not as convenient as a lot of pumps, but then it takes up no packing space. :thumb

Back