• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

wind deflectors 96 K1100LT

leftturn

I want to buy some wind deflectors for the lower fairing. Do they come up here often? Where might I buy them online? I thank you for your help
beem1_zps5061dfeb.jpg

I just looked at the Baker Airwings. They deflect wind at the top and and below of the where the wind from the motor is exiting. I taped a piece of cardboard over the air exhaust and it was good..

I also have used the Johnny blanket..I am doing one side at a time to better have a handle on this heat BS. I am glad to listen to someone else that has done this.
wind def.jpgwind1.jpg

I had a K1100LT, and I tried everything to cure the heat problem. I finally just got rid of the bike. problem solved...:dunno

Good luck trying to escape from the heat, i have a 94 K1100LT that is my winter/spring - fall/ winter bike. During the summer time it pretty much stays parked in my garage on the tender. My buddy has a 93 & tried different things & still hot, so his stays parked like mine. Seems like if you block it in one place it`ll find it`s way in another, so i just leave mine stock & enjoy it in the cooler months. But then again , i like my 1200RT much better , where it handles better , stops better , & gets way better fuel milage (makes me wonder why do i keep the LT)

Back