• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you drinking tonight?

Not tonight, but last Friday at the Pony Bar in NYC after the show with friends (Hi Dave and Jon!): A very tasty Mad Elf on tap from Troegs Brewing Company. :thumb

Last night at the Pic-A-Lilli: Heart of Darkness from Magic Hat. :beer

Tonight: May have to crack open a special bottle of Edradour after the boy's basketball game. :dance

double Crown twice with lemon lime seltzer. Later dudes.

When I drink whiskey it usually is Crown but.....Lemon lime seltzer ? I'd like to try it.

I've used a lemon , as well as lime twist. I've tried 7-up.....so far straight over ice is still my choice.

Last night
No alcohol
Sprecher makes some pretty good "soda" (You know what we used to call Pop?)
Orange Dream

4057-L.jpg

Hmm...in the mood for another mixed drink this evening...but not sure which one to whip up!

Sazerac?
Vieux carre?
Manhattan?
Whiskey smash?

Or, perhaps a Picon Punch in memory of my Northern Nevada days...?

:scratch

Last edited:
When it comes to Scotch, it's usually Chivas on the rocks....This girl is trying to change my mind-

OM

Omega M,

If you like Chivas, you might also like Strathisla single malt, the primary component of Chivas.

For a blend I also like Chivas, but after watching that vid may have to give Dewar's another shot. (see what I did there? lol)

Cheers!

When it comes to Scotch, it's usually Chivas on the rocks....This girl is trying to change my mind-
OM

When she says . . "are ya thirsty Angus" and laughs.
ooooooooooh
oh dang that's the other ad
BTW boys and girls I believe she is English

the proprieties
at all times

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid

Stoopid-label.jpg

OK you hopheads.
With a name like that I could not resist.
These guys just built a big brewery here, I believe the idea is their Petaluma plant will handle everything West of Mississippi and this new brewery will do points East.

Omega M,

If you like Chivas, you might also like Strathisla single malt, the primary component of Chivas.

For a blend I also like Chivas, but after watching that vid may have to give Dewar's another shot. (see what I did there? lol)

Cheers!

Don't care much for Dewar's. Made the transition from blended to pure and single malts very, very long ago and did not experience an exposure to a large variety of blended Scotch. I did drink Chivas Regal and Chivas Royal Salute, mainly because they were preceived to be "top shelf" and I thought I would be "In". Cardhu and Highland Park introduced me to "better-than-Glenfiddich" Malts some 25 years ago and I followed that road ever since.
I can taste a distinct difference in different Malts. In blended Scothces, I have to try really hard, definitely NOT on the rocks, maybe with a little room temperature water to tell one from the other. Most times I can't.

Don't care much for Dewar's. Made the transition from blended to pure and single malts very, very long ago and did not experience an exposure to a large variety of blended Scotch. I did drink Chivas Regal and Chivas Royal Salute, mainly because they were preceived to be "top shelf" and I thought I would be "In". Cardhu and Highland Park introduced me to "better-than-Glenfiddich" Malts some 25 years ago and I followed that road ever since.
I can taste a distinct difference in different Malts. In blended Scothces, I have to try really hard, definitely NOT on the rocks, maybe with a little room temperature water to tell one from the other. Most times I can't.

Haven't tried Dewar's in years. Recently got a bottle of Aberfeldy single malt, which is the base for Dewar's. The Aberfeldy is okay, but I'll not likely not get another bottle. When we toured the Strathisla distillery in '97 it was a real education on the whole process. One thing we learned about Chivas (and likely similar for top shelf blends) is that it may take as many as 40 different singles to keep the blend balanced to its original taste...and proportions of the singles included vary year to year. I don't consume much Chivas, except when we're on vacation. It's sort of a compromise between what I like, and what SWMBO prefers. Easier to just pack one bottle rather than 3 or 4! LOL

:dance

PS. Wee dram o' Glenmorangie Original this evening....

Last edited:
Back